• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Migraine's on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Sorry for another headache/migraine thread, i think i've started one before but i can't find it at the moment.

since i can remember i've always got fairly regular headaches of which some progress into migraines lasting 2-3 days. i've currently got one which is still very well present and into my third day now. i've had quite a few type of different blood tests done with no results (though i've got another one this week when i'm up to going to it) as well as many different medications prescribed.

i do have sinus problems so my doctor has me on pseudoephedrine (4 x 60mg/day) and prednisone. im having no relief with either. i'm also a little sensitive to apap so i try not to take it very often or in larger doses (1500mg+). ibuprofen gives little to no relief as well. i make sure im always well hydrated and eat considerably well everyday.

the headaches progress from pains around the temple on each side of my head to buldging pains when i move my head up and down or side to side. the pain gets so intense sometimes i feel as though i'm going to blackout. i do get blurry vision sometimes as well as a lot of dizziness associated from the
pain as well as some shakiness. the pain also come from the base of my skull which progresses to the temples.

the only other prescription drugs i am on regularly are buprenorphine and diazepam; though i do use xanax and meth but not often enough to play a factor in my opinion. i also smoke a bit of weed.

i was wondering if anyone else suffers from migraines and what brings them on? what are some treatments that you use? any information would be appreciated.

sorry if thats a little incoherant, it's day 3 and it let up a little last night but as i was getting ready for school this morning it flared up again and im not thinking real straight.

I do know that lsd and mushrooms can immediately stop a migraine or cluster headache. Try taking a large amount of lsd like 3 or 4 hits and you will probably be good for the rest of the week.

makes perfect sense, moron. i'm after serious replies.

if you consider that serious, i'd like to see you justify it a little better thsan you know they immediately stop headaches.

i have to function at school8)

I think he was referring to Psilocybin treatments. Highly effective. Have you tried fiorinal/no codeine. I also have TERRIBLE migraines due to epilepsy.

LSD and other psychedelics do wonders for migraines in peer reviewed research. don't be quick to call people idiots hehe :)

do migraines have anything to do with blood pressure? ive heard normal headaches do but i'm not sure. blood thinning drugs (any depressant) tend to give me a headache sometimes, and caffeine is prescribed for relief of headaches, but it might be because of another mechanism of caffeine's

I usually get about 1 migraine/year. Pain concentrated in one side of the head, usually forehead.. Lighs and sounds intensify it. The pain gradually increases during th e first day and I tend to vomit from th e pain. Last one was last month and lasted 3 days. I'm pretty sure that 4 Bottles of Bluemoon belgian style beer the night before vbrought it on. They put some kind of spices in it -- cardamom and others -- I suspect that the oils from the spices brought it on. Most beer doen'st have the effect.

I once tried to abort a migraine with a very low dose of psilocibin but it didn't work for me.

I too know the pain of regular migraines. I've had them on a fairly consistent basis since the age of 10, and I'm now 26. It got so bad (dizziness, splitting headache around the temples and eyes, nausea and vomiting) that I got myself referred to a neurologist who was pretty useless, in telling me that I was a chronic migraine sufferer and that there was not much that could be done for it.

The only thing that I have found that works for me thus far is to combine 1000mg paracetamol (acetaminophen) and 400mg of ibuprofen, lie down in a dark, quiet room and sleep it off.

My neurologist suggested that I should lay off all the "common" migraine triggers such as chocolate, cheese and caffeine, but in my experience, none of these ever triggered a migraine. I tend to get them more often during the summer, so I've always thought that it might be some kind of photosensitive trigger.

Have you noticed any kind of pattern to your migraines? Maybe after eating a particular food or being out in strong sunlight for an extended period of time?

For me, certain beers, especially dark beers, and wines bring it on. And strangely, not just any kind of caffeine source, but the coffee from the Starbucks at the Mariott hotel in front of my old University consistently brought it on within 3 or 4 hours of drinking a cup. Any other Starbucks coffee I'm fine iwth , but something aobut the coffee at this 1 starbucks did it. It took me 3 times spread over a year to convince myself to stay away. Maybe there is something wrong with their water filter or a cleaner they use sets me off...

i get migraines from sudden bright glaring light (aka the sun) hormones (extra estrogen) and i believe artificial sweeteners.

sadly not much helps except water and some pills :( I was having them frequently (1-2x a week to 1x a month) until I cut out artificial sweetener. I think that helped. keeping hydrated and getting enough sleep helps too. being hungover seemed to help bring them on, but otherwise no common triggers spur them.. ie red wine or chocolate

i get migraines from sudden bright glaring light (aka the sun) hormones (extra estrogen) and i believe artificial sweeteners.

sadly not much helps except water and some pills :( I was having them frequently (1-2x a week to 1x a month) until I cut out artificial sweetener. I think that helped. keeping hydrated and getting enough sleep helps too. being hungover seemed to help bring them on, but otherwise no common triggers spur them.. ie red wine or chocolate

Your migraine situation sounds a hell of a lot like mine (minus the estrogen). Bright sunlight is a definite trigger for me. I do tend to avoid artificial sweetners as a matter of course though as they're just nasty. I find that in the summer months, the frequency of my migraines can reach 3-4 times a week, and can be extremely debilitating.

I got hit with a migraine as I was preparing to go clubbing one evening last summer and I'd have to say that it was one of, if not the most violent, and vile migraines that I'd encountered in the 16 years I've suffered from them. I tried to stick it out for the night as I didn't want to spoil the evening for my friends, but sitting on steps outside, hands clamped onto my ears and practically in tears did nothing to raise my enjoyment of the evening.

I get ocular migraines - I get auras, and I go blind in one eye for about 30-35 mins and have problems speaking.. it's pretty freaky. my severe ones usually make me puke and then sleep for 10-12 hours.

ugh. i hate them more than anything.

I've only had one aura migraine, and it freaked the hell out of me. Just as I was sitting down to eat in a restaurant. Fuck migraines.

Status
Not open for further replies.